Sunday, January 6, 2013

32 Thoughts at 32


1. Turning 32 feels amazing. Mostly because when I wake up it will not only be my birthday but the day "The Greatest Nephew Ever Born" will make his debut in the world. I couldn't be happier to share my DOB with Austin. He is the best birthday gift I have EVER received. :-)

2. My thoughts on friendship are simple. You get what you give. If you are a shitty friend expect shitty friendship. All relationships require work. When people tell me they can't make friends 9 times out of 10 they are the issue.

3. My grandmother was right all those years. Leaving the house without lipstick on is a pity.

4. I have decided this year that instead of buying more "stuff" I am going to have more experiences. I am going to fill this year with life building, learning fun moments.

5. Moving my grandfather in with me was one of the hardest decisions I have ever had to make. I love living alone. I like things where I want them to be. This will be an exercise in growth and maturity.

6. I want to do more acting.

7. I adore quilts. I am amazed that my handmade quilt keeps me so warm in the winter and can still stay on my bed in summer and not make me hot. I think there is magic inside handmade quilts.

8. Leaving my job was wise. Very wise.

9. I agree with my 10 year old self...boys are weird.


10. I must eat more vegetables.

11. I love Bikram Yoga...but the price does not love me.

12. If I was living my dream I would be a TV reporter.

13. The more water I drink the happier I am inside out.

14. I do fake concerts in my house all the time and yes I have a mic with a stand....I pretend I am oh say Ella Fitzgerald singing in a jazz club and there is an audience. This happens at least once a month. Mind you I can't hold a damn tune.

15. Cursing is fun.

16. In my mind I know that I will have to let go of ratchet music. Until then..... TURN UP....

17. I am an NPR donor and NPR geek. I do a wonderful Diane Rehm impression. If you know who she is then you are an NPR geek as well.

18. I would like to travel back to Africa within the next year and a half.

19. As of today I don't want to have children and people who tell me I shouldn't say that bother me.

20. The one financial lesson I can teach...pay your bills on time. They aren't going to magically disappear they will just get bigger. 

21. There are only two times in my life that I wish I could go back and tell my younger self not to do something or make a better choice.

22. I have about a million and  a half things I need to say to my deceased mother.

23. Why am I only on number 23? Why did I make this a project. I have to make better choices. LOL....

24. I made my own deodorant and I am trying it out on ya'll. You haven't noticed which means ALL is well. :-)

25. Twenty five was the most entertaining year of my life thus far. I look back on it with all smiles.

26. I have learned to love the skin I am in by appreciating the beauty in others.

27. I love my hair.

28. I am a jerk. Only people who don't know me well disagree with this.

29.  I don't think people can possibly understand how much I love music. I can find myself in tears often just sitting and listening to a great composition.

30. I need to be my own boss.

31. What a year thirty one has been. I learned a lot about myself this year. I made some mistakes, I took some BIG chances and I think overall I did the best I could. I am eager to move on.

32. I hope next year at 33 when I review this I see growth. More love. More smiles. More wisdom.


Peace and Love Candegirl

1 comment: