Monday, July 12, 2010

Sarah and the Half Wig

So today I was at Target returning a months worth of unwanted items. From hair products that my hair hated to jewelry that broke before I even left the house. So in my mind I was going straight in to return my items and headed back to my car to return home....NO NEW PURCHASES. Well going into Target automatically sends my mind a list of things I need...not want...NEED. So after returning $70 worth of bad purchases I proceeded to make some new and wiser purchases. I got my items, all stuff for my hair as I am in my transition phase a product junkie. I go to the check out and a pleasant early 20's black woman greets me at the lane and this people is where the story begins (the rest was just me using you as my personal therapist ;-). 


While ringing up my items the young woman spots someone she knows and calls out to them. "Hey Sarah" she says with excitement in her voice. She calls again and I turn around to find an early 20 something white woman with a small dog in an oversized pink bag. Picture Elle Woods from Legally Blonde. She was cute, stylish and clearly not working at Target. 
They proceed to catch up and finally Sarah says to the cashier: "Your hair is SUPER cute". 

  • Cashier: Thanks! 
  • Sarah: But.......when I saw you last week it was so much shorter...
  • My Thoughts: Uh-oh black girl has to explain weave to white friend, this should be fun. 
  • Cashier: Oh....yeah...well this is my wig
  • Sarah: OH! Cool it's so cute, but you know I can see your natural hair 
  • My Thoughts: Candice don't laugh out loud....Sarah me too and I was thinking just like you this wig is a mess
  • Cashier: Oh yeah your suppose to...it's called a half wig
  • My Thoughts: Ummmm yeah but I am sure the hair is suppose to blend...Sarah has a point
  • Sarah: Oh ok...well it's STILL super cute
  • My Thoughts: That "still" was a well deserved dig at that horrific half wig....well played Sarah
  • Sarah: Ok gotta go....headed to tan by Beth's pool....
  • My Thoughts: I gotta go too I don't want to be grouped with this half wig nightmare
Musical Inspiration
Song: Let Me Fix My Weave 
Album: This is Not a Test

No comments:

Post a Comment